Thyme essential oil may be used to support the immune system, muscular health, joint support, respiratory wellness, and emotional support, especially with things such as infections. It can also be used in cleaning because of its purifying qualities.
Its used to cleanse and purify effect for the skin and broad-spectrum activity in promoting winter-time health. Thyme essential oil has been used for everything from courage and warding off nightmares, to energizing and revitalizing the soul, aiding focus and mental clarity, and uplifting moods. It's said to be the "oil of releasing and forgiveness", since it's a powerful cleanser and is thought to help a person "cleanse" blocked or stuck emotions. In this way it might help with the emotions that apply (anger, resentment, etc).
Precautions of Thyme Essential Oil
Considered a "hot" oil. Undiluted thyme essential oil will irritate skin. Avoid during pregnancy. Talk to your doctor if you have high blood pressure. Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.
Commonly Uses of Thyme Essential Oil
- Use 1–2 drops in meat and entrée dishes to add a fresh herbal flavor.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil then apply to targeted areas on the skin to purify and promote healthy skin.
- Add 2 drops to veggie capsules and take during winter time to promote immunity.
- Apply 1 diluted drop over the heart up to a few times a day for resentment.
- To stop snoring, apply one drop (possibly diluted) to the big toe before bed each night.