Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary Essential Oil is said to affect the immune system, respiratory system, and nervous system, as well as other benefits and uses (many of which are listed below). In addition to its many physical properties, rosemary is also said to have an effect on the memory, opening the conscious mind, and assisting in learning.
It supports a healthy digestion, a healthy respiratory function and helps to reduce nervous tension and fatigue.
Precautions of Rosemary Essential Oil
Avoid during pregnancy or if you have epilepsy. May cause issues if you have high blood pressure. Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.
Commonly Uses of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Rub topically on bottom of feet or stomach to help with digestion.
- Diffuse Rosemary, or apply topically to help reduce tension, stress, and fatigue.
- Add 1–2 drops of Rosemary essential oil to meats and favorite entrees.
- Add a single drop to the hands, rub together, and cup over the mouth and nose to flood the senses for up to a minute to assist with transitioning.
- Add a single drop of rosemary essential oil to the hands, rub together, and cup over the mouth and nose to flood the senses for up to a minute, in order to help alleviate the nerves.