Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli essential oil has a characteristic scent that might be described as woody, sweet, and spicy. Because of this, it’s often used as a scent additive in products like perfumes, cosmetics, and incense.
It can be used to ground and have a balance effect on emotions. It promotes a smooth and glowing complexion as well as reduces the appearance of wrinkles, scars and stretch marks. Patchouli essential oil is also said to connect one to their own body, helping a person release patterns of shame or "not enough-ness", and feel more self-love and acceptance towards their physical self.
Precautions of Patchouli Essential Oil
Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.
Commonly Uses of Patchouli Essential Oil
- Combine with Peppermint and apply to the forehead, temples, or back of the neck to help with tension.
- Apply one to two drops to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, or problem skin areas, or add to your favorite moisturizer.
- Combine with Vetiver and apply to the bottoms of feet to help calm emotions.
- For wrinkles Consider applying 1-2 drops of patchouli essential oil to your daily skin care routine, or apply a small dab topically to acne prone areas as desired.
- For a grounding effect Add 1-2 drops to the palm of your hand, cup over the nose and mouth, and breathe naturally for several minutes. Or massage into the soles of the feet and back of the neck.