Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass essential oil (Cymbopagon flexuosus) is created by steam distilling the leaves/blades from this grass. Lemongrass is commonly used in cooking, but the oil actually has many more benefits due to its high concentration.
Its supports healthy digestion, soothes aching muscles and tendons as well as purifies and tones skin. Lemongrass is said to be the oil of energetic cleansing. In this way it might be helpful in clearing energy from a home, or letting go of negative energy you might be holding onto, which may help those feeling stuck, heavy, or low.
Precautions of Lemongrass Essential Oil
Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.
Popular Uses of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- To help soothe sore joints or muscle strains, combine equal parts fractionated coconut oil and Lemongrass oil and rub topically on area of concern.
- Use to flavor entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
- Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
- Rub or spritz on skin before going outside. Lemongrass essential oil naturally repels insects.
- To relieve despair, place 1 drop in the palm of your hand, rub hands together, and inhale softly for up to 30 seconds or longer as desired.
- Diffuse during study times. Place 1 drop in the palm of your hand, rub hands together, and inhale softly for up to 30 seconds or longer as desired.