Lavender Essential Oil
Pure lavender oil (Lavandula angustifolia) is an incredible essential oil to use for your own health and wellness. It's among the gentlest of essential oils, but also one of the most powerful, making it a favorite of households for its health properties and uses of lavender essential oil.
It's widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities and soothes occasional skin irritations. It also helps skin recover quickly and eases muscle tension.
Precautions of Lavender Essential Oil
Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.
Commonly Uses of Lavender Essential Oil
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand for minor and occasional skin irritations.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
- Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck to ease muscle tension.
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Lavender can help you to feel more grounded and focused, helping you concentrate and think clearly when used aromatically throughout the room or home, or just on your body.
- Diffuse pure lavender oil in the air or inhale directly for at least 30 seconds as needed to manage mood.