Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil uses have long been known to include anything regarding the respiratory system, deodorize and more. The oil is created through the steam distillation of the leaves from the shrubs and trees, leaving an aroma that is camphorous, sweet, and slightly fruity. It's able to assist with clear breathing, supports overall respiratory health, soothes tired, sore muscles and it has purifying and cleansing elements.
Precautions of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Dilute for use with children or infants, and use on socked feet to avoid the possibility of their getting in their eyes. Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.
Commonly Uses of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Combine with Lemon and Peppermint in a spray bottle for an effective cleaning spray.
- Mix with a carrier oil and rub on chest to assist with clear breathing.
- While showering, place a few drops in the hands, place over nose, and inhale deeply to clear the mind and promote clear breathing.
- For jet lag, eucalyptus oil uses include waking up the body with its slightly sweet, fruity, and camphorous aroma. Use topically or aromatically.
- Make a cooling spray, place several drops in a spray bottle, along with Peppermint oil if you'd like some extra oomph, and spritz over the body.